No run-of-the-mill tacos here. The Acorn Farm staff will bring you an array of southwest favorites, but not the usual stand-by dishes. Whether served as main dishes or small plates, these are great new recipes to have in your entertaining arsenal due to their bold, fresh flavors. We're looking forward to this outstanding menu:
- Barbacoa - It's a tad impractical to dig a pit in the backyard to slow-roast a whole sheep in the traditional manner, but you'll love this superb, juicy & tender beef Tex-Mex version, that provides deep, complex flavors and an extraordinarily delicious dish that can stand alone or stuff a taco. This one's a WOW!
- Spinach & Mushroom Enchiladas - a tortilla wrapped around a non-traditional filling. Baking melts the cheeses and marries the flavors, but the sauce. Oh, the sauce....a lovely lime creme.
- Guacamole Salad - A delicious, colorful, fresh side with great texture. Expect the unexpected. What a treat!
- Tortas de Pavo - A south-of-the-border mini turkey sandwich, sure to win rave reviews.
- Lime Pistachio Tart - This is one pretty dessert. The lime makes it fresh and light and the pistachios add texture. You'll be a fan, that's for sure.